Dot-matrix isues

Good day,
i'm evaluating fast reports for dot matrix invoice printing and i want to ask some questions.

i) i want to set the paper height to be 34 lines. i've set it through the report property (paperheight) but the size remains the same, A4 - 66 lines. is there any other way except escape command?

ii) since invoices have a fixed number of detail lines how can i set the detail band to print x lines (where x is a fixed number lets say 6) even if the detail dataset has fewer records than the x number?

Thanks in advance

Yiannis Tsakiridis

Comments

• edited 2:22PM
    1. You can use TfrxDMPcommand object and send command to printer in order to change paper size.
    2. You can set rowCont property or just attach this band to dataset.
    hello again,
    due to some problems i couldn't reply sooner.

!) TfrxDMPcommand is an escape command (escape char) so i guess there is no other way to change the paper size. i'm ok with that.
    2) The detail band is already attached to the detail dataset so.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> the rowcount variable has an interesting side effect. if my dataset has 10 records with the rowcount set to 6, fr will skip the last 4 record. what i need is to print the 6 records, print the footer and the proceed to the next page printing header the remain 4 records -rows, 2 blank rows and then the report footer. The datail band must always have 6 lines (in this scenario of-cource) or the footer will be printed in the detail section of the paper. Thanks again[/img]
    Hi please your advice!!!
    How can I set the paper height via TfrxDMPcommand do you have some sample, (general sample only to have some idea, how to do it) I really appreciate it a lot!!!!

Thanks in advance

Hi all
    I found how to do it!!!!!

First of all there are several ways to simulate ESC command, the more commons are IBM, Epson, HP almost all the printer could simulate them in my case was a Lexmark 2400, so these are the procedure to set the paper height by command using TfrxDMPCommand:

1- We need to choose the kind of command to simulate, in this case I tried with IBM commands.

2- Download the IBM Emulation mode printer commands at : http://knowledgebase.lexmark.com/pubfiles/...ape%20Codes.pdf

3 - Look for paper length section

Format ESC C lines
    Decimal 27 67 n

where
    27 represent the ESCAPE
    67 the command to set the paper length
    n the number of lines or characters that will be the height of the paper

4 - open the fastreport designer

5 - Insert a TfrxDMPCommand at the top of the report and set the property command to #27#67#24

That's all

regards
    Hi,

I have a requirement to design a script that needs to be printed on a dot matrix printer.
    I have right aligned a field which appears fine in the print preview. But in the List preview it gets distorted.
    Similiarly, the printout on a laser printer is fine but it gets distorted the same way as in List preview.

Thanks. >>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.