Multilingual Reports: how?

Hi,

I would like to find out an efficient way to create multilingual reports using FR4.

The wish:
I would like to have localized field names in the dataset, thus the fields displayed
will most probably not match the physical field name of the dataset.

The idea:
It would be great to have *one* dataset where the field names get "aliased" in the
designer depending on the language of the application. We could then use the same
dataset (in our case the same SQL query) and simply translate the hard-coded labels
of the report.

The problem:
As soon as I change fieldnames in the dataset, reportfields referencing these fields
are getting invalid.

The feature-idea:
How about using a logical field-name that can be changed / translated in the designer,
while using the unchangeable physical field-name behind the scenes to ensure
robust fieldreferences?

Questions:
How would you solve this problem?
Did anybody already realise multilingual reports with FastReports?
Other ideas or hints?

Thanks, feedback is very welcome!

Daniel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.