Memo Expression Help

al_nolandal_noland Tulsa, Oklahoma
edited 9:08PM in FastReport 4.0
I am trying to get a variable expression to work using the IIF function. I want to Print a different message based on paged number. Here is my expression that fails. Hopefully someone can help me out.

[IIF(<Page> = 2,'','Continued From page' + [floattostr(<Page>)])]

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:08PM
    to many [] braces one pair only.
    here is an example from a memo in a page footer.
    [IIF(<Page> > 1,'continued from Page: ' +VarToStr(<Page> -1),'Page: '+Vartostr(<Page>))]
  • al_nolandal_noland Tulsa, Oklahoma
    gordk wrote: »
    here is an example from a memo in a page footer.
    [IIF(<Page> > 1,'continued from Page: ' +VarToStr(<Page> -1),'Page: '+Vartostr(<Page>))]

Thanks, this is what I need to see.

Is there any documentation available for this topic?
    user manual, creating reports, topic displaying expressions with the help of the text object.

select a text object go into edit mode use the expression builder to build the expression in most cases this will set the correct braces for you.
    the reason vartostr() is used is the fact that you are trying to concantenate the variants return value to the string portion assigned to the expressions true or false value.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.