Suppress Blank Lines in Name/Address Fields??

In Free Report you could supress empty fields int in a name / address block if the field was blank... We placed all name and address fields in a Simple Text block and choose Word Wrap. I can not see how to do this in Fast Report.

For example, lets say you want to merge in address2 if there is data in the field:

Name
address1
address2
city,state zip

However, if address2 is blank we certainly do not want the blank line.... instead the name and address block should print as follows:

John Smith
1 Park Place
Some City

NOT like this!

John Smith
1 Park Place

Some City

The only way we have found to do this in FastReport VCL is by creting multiple variables with IF experssions to test for blank fields and substitute the next field, but it is REALLY cumbersome and I have to think there must be a better way!

This is the second time I have asked.... I have looked though all manuals and documentation such as there is.... but no luck! Can someone PLEASE help.

Thanks!! Elysa

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.