report not working on other computers

Hi,
I wrote a programme but the report doesn't work on other computers where fastreport is not installed. What should be the problem and how can I solve it?

Comments

• AdamAdam London
    edited 7:47PM
    Possible reasons:

- Are you building with Run time packages? If so report may only show if BPL file is installed on destination machine.

- Is the FR version a full, licence paid version? If not you will have problems.

- If you installed a trial version of FR & then installed the full version later you may not have fully "uninstalled" the trial ... which can cause problems. Try completely uninstalling FR & re-installing full version.

Adam
  • edited 7:47PM
    Dear Adam,

I have got licence-paid version.

What is BPL and how can I install it?

This is the error I get

Retrieving the COM class factory for component witt CLSID {4764040E-4222-4DEC-9F2E-82D46E212B3A} failed due to the following error: 80040154

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • AdamAdam London
    edited 7:47PM
    Sorry, I don't think I am being very helpful, I am trying, but the error mesage you give is not one I recognise.

BPL file is the library or link file used by FR with a compiled program. You should find it on your computer, with the name fr3.bpl (or similar ... i.e. fr4 etc., search for fr*.bpl).

If you include this in the same directory as your application program on the users machine it may help things, however BPL files are only used if you "switch on" using them (though this may happen by accident!). You do this in "Project, Options, Library".

--

If the error is the same on all computer then the problem *is* due to some package or library file which is installed on your computer but not on the other computers. I assume you are testing the program on a variety of other computers?

However it is not neccessarily the FR BPL file.

The error message refers to a COM Library ... this is usually something that comes up when your program (or FR itself) is trying to communicate with another application (i.e. FR trying to use part of a WORD doc).

In that case you get a COM error if the version of that program (i.e. WORD) does not support the command you are requesting from FR.

However, I do not use COM, so I cannot comment. You should probably request information from a DELPHI newsgroup covering COM, as they are likely to have a better idea how to solve the problem.

If you are not intending to use COM then you should try to remove that linkage from the build of your application.

Try removing packages you do not think your application requires from the "Project Options Packages" page, then rebuild ... if the application builds without a package then it will be smaller (better) and you may also remove this issue.

Adam
  • edited 7:47PM
    Thanks for your help.
    I solved the problem. I registered fastreport3.dll using regsvr32.exe. It worked on other computers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.