Are multiple Preview panes possible?

AdamAdam London
edited 12:12PM in FastReport 3.0
Dear All,

I have been using FR for years & really like it.

I am trying to extend a reporting tool, to allow side-by-side comparison of multiple reports.

The idea is pretty simple:

A PageControl with 1 ReportPreview component on each PageControl-TabSheet.

User has a tree-view showing the reports, doubling clicking on any one creates a new TabSheet with Caption = Report-File-Name.

The User can have several TabSheets open at the same time, so they can look at (say) report of sales + chart of stocks + crosstab of amounts owed by flicking between the tabsheets.

--

Problems / Issues:

1. I can create multiple TfrPreview components, but they all show the most recently run report-data.

i.e. I end up with correctly Captioned TabSheets and as each one is created it shows the correct data ... BUT once the second TabSheet is created the report shown in the first TabSheet is over-written by the data from the second etc., for each subsequent report.

2. I would also like to have a mechanism for "closing" the TabSheets if the user has finished with them. I can free the TabSheet & free the frPreview component on it ... this makes the TabSheet disappear, but if I try to run the same report again (i.e. one that has alrady been shown once) I get an exception. I am guessing this is to do with recreation of a preview for an existing report, with some trailing objects hanging around ...

--

Am I trying to do too much with Fast Report?
Should I just be happy with running 1 report at a time?
The problem is that if I can make it work, it will be a really nice feature that my users will like!

Adam x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.