FR4 designer help file

edited 11:42AM in FastReport 4.0
1. Rename the UserManual-en.chm file (you can download it here: http://www.fast-report.com/pbc_download/UserManual-en.chm) to the FRUser.chm.
2. Put FRUser.chm to your .exe folder (if you want to use it in the Delphi, put it to the {Delphi}\Bin folder).
3. Press F1 in the FR4 designer and you'll get the help.

Comments

• edited 11:42AM
    This is not good for Delphi 2006 why ?
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    1. Rename the UserManual-en.chm file (you can download it here: http://www.fast-report.com/pbc_download/UserManual-en.chm) to the FRUser.chm.
    2. Put FRUser.chm to your .exe folder (if you want to use it in the Delphi, put it to the {Delphi}\Bin folder).
    3. Press F1 in the FR4 designer and you'll get the help.

This version of chm-file does't work in my programs. Only the left side is to be seen, but no explanations. Why?
  • ShivanShivan Germany
    edited 11:42AM
    This version of chm-file does't work in my programs. Only the left side is to be seen, but no explanations. Why?

Maybe, your html help is broken?
    Or if you opened the chm not locally, it maybe a security problem. A windows update changed the security so only local .chm will be displayed correctly. The right side then is empty or has an error "page cannot be displayed" (ie7). You can change this by changing the security. See several sites on the internet.

Another cause maybe the directory name if using # in the name or something like that.
    Shivan wrote: »
    Shivan wrote: »

Or if you opened the chm not locally, it maybe a security problem. A windows update changed the security so only local .chm will be displayed correctly. The right side then is empty or has an error "page cannot be displayed" (ie7). You can change this by changing the security. See several sites on the internet.

Another cause maybe the directory name if using # in the name or something like that.

As explained earlier it may be because of the Security problem. Right click on the .CHM file and see you were able to see the blocked content, if so, click on the Unblock button. Here after the right side content will be loaded.
    I download FR4.6.UserManual-en.chm but the html page does'nt appear.
    Is there a new release and is there a french version.

Thank you

Thank you
  • gpigpi
    Did you unblock FR4.6.UserManual-en.chm?
  • edited April 2011
    CHM file still corrupted.
    Why you doesn't solve this problem?
  • gpigpi
    Attach a screenshot of corrupted CHM file here
    gpi wrote: »
    Attach a screenshot of corrupted CHM file here

Nothing appear.

When double-click the file I get the error message:

Unable to open: mk:@MSITStore:D:\DOWNLOADS\FastReport\UserManual-en.chm.

I have download the many times, but the error is still.
  • gpigpi
    Try to type in google.com:

Unable to open: mk:@MSITStore:

And see here:
    http://want2knw.wordpress.com/2007/04/23/w...torecwinnthelp/
    This isn't my problem.
    All CHM files is working on my Windows 7 64bit
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    Downloaded .chm files usually need to be unbloicked.
    from explorer right click selected file goto properies and select unblock then apply
    gordk wrote: »
    Downloaded .chm files usually need to be unbloicked.

Over +20 years I use computer, I've never heard of it.
    gordk wrote: »
    from explorer right click selected file goto properies and select unblock then apply

- File isn't blocked.
    - There isn't a unblock option in file Properties.
    - I own Windows 7 64bit
    - I have Admin rights
    - I have the 'Complete control' to this file (on Security tab).
  • hsmhsm
    bigbird8 wrote: »

Seeing the contents page but not the actual pages when the chm file is called from a program is a recent 'security' feature of windows that prevents chm files being opened correctly under certain circumstances eg from a network drive. But it also prevents it in other situations.

Solution is either
    (1) put the file in a local folder and use a shortcut instead (which I agree rather defeats the point of this thread!)

OR

(2)
    Use RegEdit and Open (or create if it does not exist) the key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions.

Add a new DWORD subkey named MaxAllowedZone

Set its value to 3 (ie Internet Zone )

On older versions of windows you can get away with a value of 1 (Local Intranet) but later versions need 3

The programs such as Delphi will be able to open the chm file correctly follwoing the instrictions earlier in this thread.
    This is how the un-blocking looks like.

• TonyAlloaTonyAlloa Alloa, Scotland
    Hi All,

I had the same problem w D7. All I did was decompile the chm, and then recompile is with the MS help suite.

TonyAlloa.
    RYU2005 wrote: »
    RYU2005 wrote: »

Thank you

Here is the English version just sent to me today from support
    https://support.fast-report.com/uploads/att...erManual-en.chm

You can probably change the "en" to "fr"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.