How do I get charts in Designer?

I've seen the demo which has the chart component in the designer but I can't get it in my program.

Is there anything special I have to add or do?

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• edited 7:47AM
    You have to add the TfrxChartObject from FastReport 4.0 component palette to your Delphi form.
    Actually with a bit of digging around I see the problem is to do with having TeeChart Pro installed.

Looking back through other threads the instructions to install properly with this are in the files teechart.txt and install.txt but these don't exist on my installation.

Is it possible to get these posted somewhere?

Thanks
    Mark
    In case anyone else has this problem it would seem you have to recompile all the libraries using "recompile.exe" found in the "Fast Report 4" folder.

I also changed the tee.inc file (found in LibD7 on my system) but I'm not too sure if that is required as well.

Apparently there used to be some documentation supplied with the product on this but it's not present on this version?

Mark
    Installing the FastReport with TeeChart Pro

Run "recompile.exe" and perform the following steps:
    1. Select Delphi version
    2. Select FR edition
    3. Select TeeChart version
    4. Click "Browse" button and select path to your TeeChart Pro .dcu files
    (typically C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart X for Delphi X\DelphiX\Lib)
    5. Select "Change TeeChart version"
    6. Click "Compile" button
    Thanks Alex. Looks like I did it correctly although I didn't have to change the .inc file.

Good idea to pin it!

Mark
    recompile.exe modifies tee.inc, so you don't have to do it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.