How to add breakline (#13#10) via code?

Hi...

I like to pass a variable value from my delphi app to the report which should contains multiple lines. If I write something like this:
repEngine.Variables['HEADER'] := QuotedStr('Line1' + #13 + 'Line2');

...this didn't work. How do I seperate multiple lines using code...?

Regards,
Marc

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Hello kaju74,

the report variable expects an expression as value. #10 or #13 are not part of a valid expression as you can test by using the edit function of the variable in FR3.

What you could do, is to define a symbol which is not part of your string, but should represent the linebreak. Let's use a $ as example.

In Delphi you write then:
    frxRepRechnung.Variables['RepName'] := QuotedStr('Hello1$Hello2$Hello3');

And in your report you use a memo with the following code:
    procedure Memo11OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    var
       posi   : Integer;
       output : String;
    begin
       output := <RepName>;
       posi := Pos('$',output);
       while posi > 0 do
       begin
           Memo11.Text := Memo11.Text +Copy(output,1,posi-1)+#10#13;
           Delete(output,1,posi);
           posi := Pos('$',output);
       end;
       Memo11.Text := Memo11.Text +output;
    end;

That should work for you. ;)
  • edited 3:03PM
    Hi...

Thank you for answering. Well, this is a liltte bit circuitous but should work 8-)) Are there NO special characters (like \N) to solve this while writting...? If not, maybe that's a little improvement for FR4 ;)
  • edited 3:03PM
    Try this:
    repEngine.Variables['HEADER'] := 'Line1'#13#10'Line2';

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.