Controls outside of bands

Hello,

if I put controls outside of bands, how will they be displayed in my report? How does FastReport make sure, that these elements to not intervene with other bands or are they always dispalyed on top of each other?

Example: If I place a marker for a hope puncher on the left side of the Report just in the middle of a page, will that work? And how can I repeat this symbol for every page of my report?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:29AM
    use an overlay band to contain the holemarker objects.
    hint
    set designer to unlimited height
    after finishing your design add an overlay band make its height large enough to postion the objects vertically where you want them to appear.
    an overlay always starts at the page top ;)
  • edited 7:29AM
    Thank you gordk,

your hint was good. It works. I tried to set e.g. the top property of the rectangle that I use as marker, and found a strange behaviour. The top property in the object inspector uses obviously cm as unit, but it seems, that the code expects another unit (may be pixels?). How can I change this? ;)
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:29AM
    Objects??? coordinates and sizes are set in pixels. Since the ?«Left,?» ?«Top,?» ?«Width,?» and ?«Height?» properties of all objects have the ?«Extended?» type, you can point out non-integer values. The following constants are defined for converting pixels into centimeters and inches:

fr01cm = 3.77953;

fr1cm = 37.7953;

fr01in = 9.6;

fr1in = 96;

For example, a band???s height equal to 5 mm can be set as follows:

Band.Height := fr01cm * 5;

Band.Height := fr1cm * 0.5;
    You can alter the default value of the designer, view menu options
    my own personal pref is to work in pixels.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.