Distinguish between Date variable and Date field?

Suppose I have a database field called Date. In the header I want to use the System Date variable. If I do this though it will use the database field not the variable. How can you distinguish between the Date system variable and a database field called Date?

Comments

• edited 1:42PM
    Hello,

[DATE] = system variable
    [MyTable."DATE"] = field

Regards
    Pierre
    Thanks but that doesn't help me. When I use [DATE] its picking up the database field not the system date variable.

FWIW, never use date, description, name etc. Those are often reserved words for database(ex.sql).

Is the property UseDefaultDataSetName of the report is set to true. Never tried it though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.