Grouping based upon datetime?

I'm evaluating this product and I was wondering if it was possible to group data based upon date time. What I'm looking to do is to break data into "days" but these days start at 8AM, so I want from 8AM one day to 8AM the next day, etc. Is this possible? How would I do it?

Dave A. Law
Software Developer
NuFlo Measurement Systems

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:43AM
    normally one sets the condition property of the group header.
    this expression can be based on frfunctions and variable values
    However, since your time span is covering 2 partial periods, it may not be acheivable and should probably be resolved at the data entry level, by adding 2 fields to the underlying table. ie curyear and period and sort the table on those fields. period of type integer can be 1 to 366 and after decoding original tdatetime
    value into day of year, and year, check time range to set the period value and curyear value.
    If you have some sample data available post it in the binaries news group
    and ill take a look.
    ;)
  • kevin475kevin475 Riverside, CA USA
    edited 10:43AM
    Maybe you could use a function that subtracts 8 hours from the DateTime before it extracts the date?

- Kevin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.