Using barcodes

Hi,

I would like to know if it is normal that all the barcodes are very wide in FastRepots.
I have many projects where I have to print a bar code on a label or sticker which is normally not any wider than 2 to 2.5 inches (which is perfectly normal).

Here is an example of a code that I have to print on a 2 inch label:
6005LEV1450-2-12-233

I have noticed that Only Code 128C will do the job, but beware, if you have a odd number of characters, it will print a 0 in front, which is bad!

Is there a reason why in FastReports, I try using barcode 128B with the same code and it goes to about 2.7 inches, and in other software, whith the same barcode, it is about 2 inches wide or less??

I think there might be something strange about barcodes in FastReports...

Thank you.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:53AM
    look at zoom settings and widebar ratio settings
    also check that the data supplied falls within the number of characters allowed in the codes specs.
    ;)
  • edited 11:53AM
    I have checked the zoom, and at first it seemed like it would work, but the problem is that the scanner has trouble reading a barcode with a zoom lower than 1. It is the same thing for widebar ratio.

128 will take up to 30 characters, so I have no problem there. I am still stuck, and to me 128B would seem the best fit, however it still is too wide...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.