Dynamic data band length

Hi,
I want to create a report which have header, data body & footer. It is A4 size and portrait style. There have two data set which is master detail relation.
The point is I need the print out can automaticlly each master with detail records can be print on each A4 page if whole length (header+body+footer) is shorter than half page, then the next record(master+detail) will print on the lower half page on same paper. Otherwise, it will print on a new page. If i use rave report, I can totally use coding to program it. But how to use fast report to do this, I try to use coding to program, but it need to create band by band, I don't know how to do.

Thank you for yours kind reply.
Jimmy Yuen

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:50AM
    in obp event of header
    if detailbandname.dataset.recordcount > value then engine.newpage;
    or check freespace
    if engine.freespace < value then engine.newpage.
    read the usermanual chapter on using the engine object.
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.