Page margins

edited 8:19PM in FastReport 3.0
Hello. I use fast-report 3.18. I created a report with 2 cm margins. When I print this report on Windows 2000 it is Ok. But when I print the same report on Windows 98 and the same printer, the report margins printed are incorrect.
Why it happens?
How can I fix it?
Thanks.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:19PM
    There is probably a difference in the printer driver under W98, in may not be sending the correct initial settings to fr.
    ;)
  • edited August 2006
    Printer drivers on W2000 and Win98 have differences which make it impossible to use the same report on both systems. XP works like W2000.
    For printing tasks do not mix Win9x and W2k, XP, NT machines.
    FR3 dot-matrix reports do not show this problem.

Peter
    Technisoft
  • edited 8:19PM
    Sorry for posting like this but I don't seem to be able to make new topics myself.
    I've been trying to change tha page margins during printing based on page number, even/odd.

This is my Pascal Code:

procedure PageFooter1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    if SysMemo2.Visible then begin
    inc(page);
    SysMemo2.Memo.Text := IntToStr(page);
    If (Frac(page/2)) = 0.5 then begin
    Page1.RightMargin := 2000;
    Page1.LeftMargin := 1000;
    end else begin
    Page1.RightMargin := 1000;
    Page1.LeftMargin := 2000;
    end;
    end;
    end;

But it doesn't work. If I print a margin in a Showmessage() it states that the current value is the one last entered from then procedure above but the page margins stay the same in the entire preview printout..
    I'm using FR 3.22

/Jonas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.