Installation in Delphi 2005 PE + IBO

edited 3:38AM in FreeReport
I'm trying to install FreeReport in Delphi 2005 Personal Edition (without database support) + IBObjects (for Firebird access).

The first problem I found was IBO_D9 is missing from my hard disk ;) : it seems this file is not part of IBObjects in the last release!

I tried remarking the line, and seems it's ok, but in line 5753 of fr_class.pas (<span style='font-family:Courier'>if not F.Dataset.Active then</span>) the compiler give me an error: I checked fr_dbrel.pas and I found then definition of TfrTField
<span style='font-family:Courier'>TfrTField =
{$IFDEF IBO} class(TIB_Column)
{$ELSE} class(TField)
{$ENDIF}
end;</span>

But TIB_Column hasn't a property Dataset!

How can I patch the code? How can i test if the Dataset the TIB_Column is associated with is active or make it active?
Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Claude

P.S. Sorry for my poor English!

Comments

• edited 3:38AM
    Hi!

I have the same problem with Freereport+Delphi7Personal+IBO+Interbase.
    I didn't remark the IBo_d9 line, just changed it to IBO40vrt_d7.

Then I changed F.DataSet.Active to DSet.Active
    Next problem was somewhere below, I changed it to D.Active (because of local variables).

Now it works, but with some bugs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.