Struggling with Cross-Tab Report

I have struggled with building a database linked cross-tab for some time. The simple cross-tab demo is of little help in this matter. I need to produce a table of analytical results associated with environmental samples. Along the LEFT SIDE I need to have have the compound names, along the HEADER I need the sample names, and in the BODY I need the results. It seems like it would be pretty easy.

All of my variables (Sample Name, Compound, and Result) are housed in a single table. Through queries I can build tables for the report. Given these three three variables as the simplest case, what would my LEFT SIDE, HEADER, and BODY tables need to contain and what kind of Master-Detail relationships would they have.

A demo using real datasets instead of virtual datasets would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help

;)

Comments

• edited 6:27PM
    Please look at 'Advanced cross-tab' report inside the frdemo.exe. It uses data from DB to build a cross table with complex headers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.