How to get latest Version

edited February 2006 in FastReport 2.xx VCL
Hi all,

I just made my decision, to buy Fast Report 3.5 VCL, but suddenly I'm confused.

1st: I can find nowhere on this page, that the source code is included. On external pages, I can see it. Will I get it, or not?

2nd: if I click on eMetrix to purchase, I can see Version 2.53 (actual is 2.55). Where can I get the latest Version?

3rd: how many upgrades are included and how can I download them?

4th: Output as PDF. On this page, I can see, that this is possible, but if I look into some news groups, it looks like, it is possible, but only with 3rd Party components, which I have to buy additionaly. In the trial, I cannot see any PDF support. What is true?

Thanks for any idea

Best regards

Magic

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:52PM
    there is no 3.5 vcl, do you mean 2.5#?
    if you are just starting to use FR i would recommend you look at ver 3.##
    to start rather than ver2.
    ;)
  • edited 8:52PM
    Hi all,

I bought the 2.5VCL and I can answer most of the questions now (if somebody else is interested).

1. yes - the source code is included

2. you get a link to download the latest version 2.55 although 2.53 is listed on the 3rd party side.

3. still not clear

4. PDF output is not possible without other 3rd party products.

Best regards

Magic
  • edited 8:52PM
    gordk wrote:
    i would recommend you look at ver 3.##
    to start rather than ver2.
    Hi gordk,

but there is no 3.## VCL available. V3.5 was in fact a typo, but VCL not.

Thanks anyway

Magic
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:52PM
    ver 3.20 is , the vcl designation is just how we differentiate between versions of 2.5 vcl, clx etc.. version3.20 is a vcl, the reason i suggested you start with ver3 is to save the work and pain of migrating from 2 to 3 at a latter date, particularly if you allow end user report development. 3.2 is a very powerful tool, exporters are included, and it is thread safe, source code is included in pro and enterprise versions. upgrading of fr3 is in the same style as ver2, down load link provided and daily builds are available also.
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.