Sending a Fax

tamtam
edited 7:52PM in FastReport 3.0
Hi!

I want to send the reports by fax. To control the fax server I have to use a special font to send for example the fax number (in this case 123456) within the report.

The following CODE is the first line from the file when I print to file using the fax printer from a FR report. This does not work.
<StartDocument><DIN_A4><Portrait><200*200><StartPage><StartCommand><CR><EmptyLine140>      "<CR>      +FAX<CR>         :12<CR>           3456<CR>              "<CR><EmptyLine402>

This one is from a file printed from MS Word, this one does work.
<StartDocument><DIN_A4><Portrait><200*200><StartPage><StartCommand><CR><EmptyLine222>         "+FAX:123456" <CR><EmptyLine54>

The difference is that FR inserts whitespaces and (maybe) some strange chars which are being translated by the fax printer driver to <CR>

The fax number is a TfrxMemoView.

Any developer here which may comment or help? TIA.

Comments

• foxfox
    edited 7:52PM
    I do it like this:

1. Insert in reporttitle am frxMemo with following text and font "Courier New"

number
    subject

2. at runtime change Font to your "special font"

3. Add "00494711111" and "example" to number and subject so you have

number 00494711111
    subject example

4. print report to FaxPrinter

Don't use at designtime the "special font", it dosn't work in any environment!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.