What is the equivalent of TppReportExplorer?

I am looking to replicate a basic ReportBuilder end user tool using FastReports. With little work, it's possible in ReportBuilder to create a tool that allows users to maintain reports stored in the database and organize them in a hierarchical folder fashion.

What components are available in the FastReport library to make this possible?

Comments

• edited 9:42PM
    I wanted the same. As I didn't find any report explorer to fast report, I wrote my own window.
    Thanks for replying gilvanj. I was beginning to think no one existed here. It so quiet.

The reason I asked is because I am looking at FastReports, which looks like a fine product, as a replacement for ReportBuilder. I provide my end users with a reporting tool. I need to know how much effort would involved in replacing the current system, which can be slapped together fairly quickly with RBuilder components.

So I have to spin my own window? Hmm, I am hoping someone will reply with a link to some prefab solutions. :-)
    Hi,

We use ReportBuilder too but we have some trouble with this tool. I believe it is because we are using dbExpress and I read in the newsgroup that RBuilder was not tested with this technology and MSSQLServer 2000, the database system which we use.
    We started a new project and we are evaluating Fast Report. I believe that Fast Report has some features better than RBuilder, like better script engine (where we can debug our scripts), for instance.

I could share my report explorer with you, but we use 3rd party components to design the window and our components to access the database. So, the form will not work for you.
  • edited February 2006
    Build your own "Report" Explorer.

My application save the hierarchy in an Database table with the Reportfilename and optional Name and Description.

For the visual frontend, i use the virtualtreeview component.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.