access to compiled il code

edited 12:33AM in FastScript
Hello,

I posted this in the old forum, but didn't get any answer. So I try it again in the new forum.
First of all I want to say, that I am very expressed by the real great job you did with Fastscript. As far I can say, it is a great tool.
I have one wish, which could help me a lot to improve the performance of a very important part of my application.
If I could compile a script after designing it and save it to my database in compiled form (IL Code). Then when executing it I want to give the tfsscript the compiled code of the script. This would remarkably improve the execution of my scripts.
I made a test in my application. I stopped the compiling process and the execution process of the tfsscript. After running a lot of scripts I got 78 seconds for the compiling and 13 seconds for the execution. So if I could compile the script when saving it and use the compiled result, it would be a great improvement of the performance of my application.
Is there any way to get the IL Code after tfsscript.compile? If not, do you plan to make this possible?
It would be very usefull, and I think, it could not be that big problem for you, to enable this feature.

cu
Helmut

Comments

• edited 12:33AM
    I would like to second this request - it would prove to be unbelievably helpful to me & the applications we are currently shipping.... just think - I could give all our customers a huge speed upgrade at the cost of a re-compile (OK, and a _few_ tweaks!) ;)
    This is already realized in the FS1.2 which comes soon.
    Is the IL format platform independent? ie, will script compiled under Windows execute in Linux without recompilation required?
    I just tried the new feature and discovered en error.

I compared the results of the scripts, once with compile and once with setilcode and found out, that the result of the script was different in several cases.

I had a look at the source to look for the difference between compile and setilcode. Then tried to fix it with adding the following line to setilcode method:

p.SelectLanguage(FSyntaxType);

it was added before the line:

p.ILScript.LoadFromStream(Stream);

After that change, everything worked as expected.

Could you confirm, that this change was o.k. and if so, than include it in the next release?

cu
    Helmut

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.