Printer selection not valid with HP 2600N

Hi, one of my customers just purchased two new HP 2600N color laser jets.

When they try to print using FastReport 2.53, they get an error message: "Printer selection is not valid."

These printers appear to be working fine (test pages work, printing from other applications works), and printing from FastReport to other printers also works. The error only occurs with the combination of FastReport + HP2600N.

Any ideas what could be going on?

We have plans to upgrade to FastReport 2.55, but doing so now would be extremely inconvenient, so unless there is some known problem in 2.53, I prefer not to do that as the first resort.

Thanks for any advice.
JR

Comments

• edited November 2005
    Hi

I have a problem with the same printer. But only if it's a netwok printer.
    My error is "Floating point overflow". It has nothing with FastReport to do.
    I have made a simple application with a printerdialog and "Form1.Print"
    and with the same result.!
    I think that is an problem is in the printerdriver.
    On www.hp.com is located a new driver. But it's not fix my problem.
    MsWord works fine, but MsPulicher crashes somtimes when printing on the same printer. Both on my network and my customers network.

Henning
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:18AM
    As Henning stated it may be a flakey driver from hp.
    1. Check and make sure that the report was not designed for a specific printer
    2. In the fr_printer.pas file there is a define prn reset that is commented out
    try uncommenting it and recompile fr then recompile your app, it may help.
    ;)
  • edited 7:18AM
    Hi Gord, yes the FR support guys already suggested the PRN_RESET trick. This changed the error from "printer selection is not valid" to "floating point overflow", i.e. I seem to be in the same situation as Henning.

The report is built in to our software and has been there for a few years! Working at many different sites with many different printers. So I don't see there being a problem with the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.