TADODataset.CreateDataset

I place a TADODataset on a form. I then call TADODataset.CreateDataset to create an empty ADO dataset and use Append() and Post() to add records to it. I then call TfrReport.DesignReport() to open the report designer. Then I create a new form/dialog page and place a TfrADOQuery on it. I then select "Form1.ADODataset1" for the DataSource. Whenever I try to set Active=True I get an error about "missing connection or connectiontext".

I've looked at the source code in FR_ADOQuery.pas, and I'm pretty sure that FastReports 2.5 does not support using a TADODataset which is created using CreateDataset, is this true?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.