Runtime error with FR3.15 inside IDE

edited 3:49PM in FastReport 3.0
After installing FR3.15 my project causes access violation error when running inside IDE. When running outside of Delphi IDE the program runs without error.

Before installing FR3.15 there was no such error. I used FR3.14 before and the project is the same.

This problem is on computer with windowsXP. I repeated same steps on another computer with windows 2000 and there is not such problem.

I read in one other thread that before installing new FR version the old one should be uninstalled. I didn't do that.
Therefor I uninstalled FR3.15 and installed it again. It didn't help. So I uninstalled FR3.15 and installed FR3.14 back.
Delphi starts fine but running project inside IDE causes runtime errors: "Privileged instruction" and
"Access violation at address ... Read of address....."

So now neither FR3.15 nor FR3.14 allow to run the application using FR inside IDE.
I am frustrated massively. Please, can anybody give me any advice how to work around this problem ?

Thank you in advance

Boro

Comments

• renerene Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
    edited 3:49PM
    Try to find out all FR bpls (Delphi and windows directory) and erase KnowPackages in Delphi registry section. Try again.
  • edited 3:49PM
    Thank you, Rene, finally I could overcome the problem with a help from Gord!
    I removed every potential rest of FR, also its documentation and FreeReport. Re-installed again the FR3.15 and it works.

Boro

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.