App crashes with Freereport

edited 7:12PM in FreeReport
Hi!

I've had a strange problem with FreeReport. The whole application
crashed on WinXP with SP2 when I tried to start it. The dialog to send an error report to Microsoft appeared. This problem happened only when the computer was disconnected from the network.

My suspicion was that FreeReport tries to connect or get information from a network printer. I've modified the source and did some ShowMessage() to get behind the problem. After the initialization section of the unit FR_Prntr the finalization section is called immediately.

With a try..except block I got the problem. On the line "Prn.Printer := Printer;" in the initialization section of FR_Prntr an access violation occures.

I'm sure somebody could fix this bug ;) . As said before this happens only on WinXP with SP2.

Comments

• edited 7:12PM
    is there any installed default printer?

if this so,
    it would be a problem to all version of windows. not only xp sp2.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.