IIF-Function - how to use?

edited 12:01PM in FastReport 3.0
Hi,

as there doesn't seem to be a word about using functions in the documentation: How can I use "IIF" in order to have a user-friendly way of displaying booleans?

[IIF([[DBDataset."Aenderungssicher"]=True], 'JA', 'NEIN')]

Results in "Identifier expected". I tried about a hundred different ways - none of them working. I just want "JA" to be displays in case the field value of "Aenderungssicher" is true. Otherwise I'd like to have "NEIN" displayed instead.

Of course I had a look at the user manual hoping I could find an example - but there's no example that could help me out of this.

So - how do I write this function properly within a memo?

Kind regards

Mark

Comments

• edited 12:01PM
    Correct way is
    [IIF(<DBDataset."Aenderungssicher">=True, 'JA', 'NEIN')]
    see user manual about [] and <>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.