ADO connection using multiple tables

I need the functionality of the report server with dialog boxes, so I must use an ADO Query within the report to access a MySQL database as I understand the functionality. When I create an ADO query to use within the report, I can join two tables together and the database fields show up in the data tree. However, if I add anything else to the query, then the fileds are not accessable in the data tree. (it shows the ADO connection but no fields)

If I join three tables - the data tree does not show ANY of the fields in the tables
If I add a paramater to two joined fields - data tree does not show ANY of the fields in the tables.

Is this a program limitation, error, or am I doing something incorrectly? Is there any way to access the dialogs without the ADO connection?

Using the latest version dated 05.22.05

Comments

• edited 4:01PM
    CatchEm35 wrote:
    I need the functionality of the report server with dialog boxes, so I must use an ADO Query within the report to access a MySQL database as I understand the functionality. When I create an ADO query to use within the report, I can join two tables together and the database fields show up in the data tree. However, if I add anything else to the query, then the fileds are not accessable in the data tree. (it shows the ADO connection but no fields)

If I join three tables - the data tree does not show ANY of the fields in the tables
    If I add a paramater to two joined fields - data tree does not show ANY of the fields in the tables.

Is this a program limitation, error, or am I doing something incorrectly? Is there any way to access the dialogs without the ADO connection?

Using the latest version dated 05.22.05
    Still something is wrong within your query.

That's the reason no fileds are available in your report.
    I did review the query for accuracy and it appears correct. I'm using the query builder, and the same queries work in other programs. At this point I believe there is a program error, in that any two tables I try may be joined but not a third.
    mbsoft - you were correct, and thank you greatly. The built in query designer in fast report is causing the problem. I must admit I'm somewhat new to this and so I went to my MySQL component and designed the query there. Copy, past, and the ADO fields become available.

Thank you again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.