Formatting EAN128 Barcod

edited May 2005 in FastReport 3.0
Hello everybody,
I just buy Fast Report 3.14 Enterprise with the source. I need to know how to print an EAN128 barcod correctly.
Is someone know how to print the FNC1 chararcter in the barcod ?

Thanks for all.

Pascal ;)

Comments

• edited 6:22PM
    pbeaujard wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I just buy Fast Report 3.14 Enterprise with the source. I need to know how to print an EAN128 barcod correctly.
    Is someone know how to print the FNC1 chararcter in the barcod ?

Thanks for all.

Pascal >

Although this post is old. As no one replied, I also want to answer this for the people who see this post now. I think nowadays you do not need to worry about FNC1 in EAN 128. Choose on barcode generator that does not make you worry about FNC1. What I am using now is this Java EAN 128 barcode generator SDK with detailed guide. You can take a look. Hope it's helpful. Many professional passages can be found there, too.
    There different types of EAN-128 barcode generators. It can be created in Java. I also can be created in .NET, in C#, in VB.NET, etc. So there are barcode generators like EAN 128 barcode generator library for C#, EAN 128 barcode generator library for VB.NET, etc. The one you mentioned is just one of them. As for how we choose, this depends on specific needs.
    During a migration of reports which contain EAN128 / Code128 barcodes to Fast Report I found that Fast Report does not use the correct symbology. The lines of a Code128 barcode are very wide so that they are perfect for long distance scanning in a warehouse. I reported it, but only received a recommendation for a third-party barcode library. This one seems to use the correct symbology but it is still in development (for many months now) and not working with Fast Report in Delphi 2009 yet.
    Are there other Code128 / EAN128 barcode libraries available for Fast Report?
  • gpigpi
    edited 6:22PM
    Try to use FR5 with Code128Auto encoding

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.