print dialog strange problem

maybe you have noticed if you're using dot-matrix report that print dialog is little bit different i.e. it has options for escape commands and so.
well...my problem is that from time to time when i'm using dot-matrix report standard print dialog is shown i.e. without options for escape commands etc., and that is problem cause i can't use condensed fonts and so, and report looks messy.
i couldn't find what exactly causes this to happen, neither i've find some logic. sometimes everything works fine, and sometimes i print few reports, and when i want to print another one the print dialog is changed??

ideas?

Comments

• edited 4:57AM
    maybe you have noticed if you're using dot-matrix report that print dialog is little bit different i.e. it has options for escape commands and so.
    well...my problem is that from time to time when i'm using dot-matrix report standard print dialog is shown i.e. without options for escape commands etc., and that is problem cause i can't use condensed fonts and so, and report looks messy.
    i couldn't find what exactly causes this to happen, neither i've find some logic. sometimes everything works fine, and sometimes i print few reports, and when i want to print another one the print dialog is changed??

ideas?

I struggle too with the same dot-matrix problem. The print dialog form is diff. for each printer. When I send only to dot-matrix printer there is no problem. But when i send to another printer (e.g an Laser) a report and then try to dot-matrix the Escape Commands combo is disappear in print dialog box. So, i need, setting the Escape Commands to Epson, without showing the print dialog. I know, that the Escape Commands combo items come from printers.xml. I'm deleted all other printers except Epson from this file but its don't work.
  • edited 4:57AM
    win.win wrote: »
    win.win wrote: »

ideas?

I struggle too with the same dot-matrix problem. The print dialog form is diff. for each printer. When I send only to dot-matrix printer there is no problem. But when i send to another printer (e.g an Laser) a report and then try to dot-matrix the Escape Commands combo is disappear in print dialog box. So, i need, setting the Escape Commands to Epson, without showing the print dialog. I know, that the Escape Commands combo items come from printers.xml. I'm deleted all other printers except Epson from this file but its don't work.

Same problem too with me, I use Fast Report 4.9.62 and it seem the bugs still exist for many years. Is there any workaround? or maybe this code can be alternate for that problem?

frReport1.PrepareReport;
    frReport1.ExportTo(frTextExport1, 'prn');

Anyone try that with some condensed font?
  • edited March 2012
    thanks for sharing

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.