FastReport Install Problem

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone of you have encountered problems in installing fastreport 2.5. because i really need some help right now. after i finish installing my fast report, and when i compile the sample program there is a problem with the fr_class. The error message goes like this:

fr_class was compiled with a different version of QGraphics.TCanvass

I am not really sure if there is a problem with my compiler, or with my kernel or with my linux version. Im running red hat 9.0, kernel 2.4.21.. kylix 3 ..

please if anyone who have any idea how to solve this problem i would really appreciate it. i badly needed this reporting tool.

thanks a lot..

lvincent

Comments

• edited 5:42PM
    Have you applied the CLX patches from Andreas Hausladen since you last built your fastreport package? That's about the only thing that I can think of that could possibly change QGraphics.

If you've got the demo fastreport, then I don't think it's going to work. The demo doesnt have fr_class.pas to recompile.

If you've got fr_class.pas then just delete fr_class.dpu and it should recompile using the new QGraphics.

klint.
    klint,

thanks for the idea.

I've got everything working already. I've got FastReport installed and now I was able to design some reports. but the problem this time is that, during printing SIGPIPE (13) error comes in. How should I handle this? Any idea?

lvincent
    Can you tell what line it's on when the signal occurs? or post instructions on how to duplicate the problem?

klint.
    During printing in fastreport SIGPIPE error occurs. This is the part where the error occured.

procedure TfrReport.PrintBeforeModal(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    DoPrintReport(FPageNumbers, FCopies, FCollate, FPrintPages); --> this part here
    frProgressForm.ModalResult := mrOk;
    end;

this file is coming from the fr_class.pas;

I can't figure out what's wrong with the demo program but i believe this is working, right? but i just can't print.

lvincent
    Hi

Quick question. Do you have to install seotoaster into a subdirectory of the site or can it go in the root directory?

I tried installing in the root but I have a strange loop where having installed and clicked go it takes me back to the install again.

Neil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.