Despatch notes - help!

I would like to create a despatch note which has a header and footer based on the masterdata, and any number of items listed between these bands, taken from the detaildata. If the number of items is too high to print on a page, the page is split (probably 6 items per page). If a page is split, the header and footer must be re-printed on this and any subsequent pages.

I have tried to set the footer up as a page footer band, and this appears to work if there is more than one page, but doesn't work for the last page (seems to lose the information stored in the fields?). If there is only one page to the despatch note (which is the most common type), the details are already forgotten.

If I use any other band type instead of page footer, I cannot get the required placing (as it just prints directly below that last item if I choose master footer).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:14PM
    hint
    use the onbefore print event of the detail band to check freespace and if less than the detail height or detail height + columnfooter height +page footer height to force a newpage, and use a column footer band for page total sums
    ;)
  • edited 4:14PM
    Thanks Gord,

I'd pretty much done the first part of your suggestion - items are printing OK and newpaging where required.

I've altered the page footer to be a column footer now, but I can't seem to control where it starts (it should always be at the very bottom of the page, so if only one item prints it currently appears right underneath, which is wrong).

Also, it's still 'forgetting' the values of the fields in the footer on the final page! Why would this be?
    I've now worked out how to control the print position of the column footer band (I was using Top, when I should have been using CurY....), but the masterdata values are still being 'forgotten' when printing the final page. Is this a bug, or am I likely to be doing something silly?

I can post the FRF file if required.

Thanks!
    If it's any help, I'm using IBObjects to access the firebird database - are there any known problems where IBO (version 3.6D) is known to affect FastReport (version 2.53) ability to access all of the data returned by a TIB_Query?

Anyone?
    OK - I think I've worked out why it's 'forgetting' the last record's master data on the page footer... It's actually skipping the first record's master information, so when it gets to the final page, it's trying to display the record after EOF (which obviously doesn't exist).

I've upgraded to IBO 4.2I (from 3.6), and also installed FastReport 2.53, with no help, so I am assuming I've done something wrong in my report!

It seems odd that the header shows the correct master data, but the footer shows the next record's data, even although they are on the same physical page. Does anyone have any ideas how this can happen, and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.