chart works with teechart7

Just letting everyone know that the fr_chart from vcl 2.52 using teechart7 will work on kylix with just a few tweaks to both packages.

Changes to teechart
- get the updated dpk from steema. fixes the same unit in multiple pacakges error.
- change tmetafilecanvas = class(tcanvas) to tmetafilecanvas = class(tbitmapcanvas)

Changes to fastreport
- add appropriate stuff for teechart 7 (see forums)
- modify fr_chart.pas uses clause for clx units instead of vcl

klint.

Comments

• edited 7:13PM
    dear mr .klint
    could please be more spesific on how to tweak those packages ?
    because i really need those .....chart on my project.....
    thnks in advance..
    Dear Mr.Klint,

i've been change my fr_chart.pas.
    cause my fast report i bought is basic edition, so i haven't designtime compiler. what can i do to compile it. i try to make own package with the units all i have, include fr_class, fr_chart, etc. but after i compile it, i found an error message "file not found: fr.inc" that is missing in my fast report source file. please any sugestion? or i need to upgrade my fast report to prof. edt? have any idea?
    ;)
    hi, Mr. Klint.

Nice to meet again.

i've teechart 7 pro already, just still not tweaks the teechart yet.
    in what file of teechart i should change the syntax?

{-posted in forum}
    - change tmetafilecanvas = class(tcanvas) to tmetafilecanvas = class(tbitmapcanvas)

as information, even after i install my teechart 7 in Kylix linux, my fast-report frchart in designtime still get error after drop the component on the report page, error "canvas does not allow drawing".

Please the advice help me solve it.

Thanks much.

along379.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.