RxRichEdit text containing [] symbols

edited 10:51AM in FreeReport
Hi,

We are using fibplus 2.x and have the following problem:
The fastreport tries to replace every occurance of [some string] in the text with the value of the variable named some string. It is okay, unless you need to really output the text [some string] in an RxRichView component. How can we deactivate the macro substitution for RxRichView component? I found that the substitution is made in the following function:
wrote:
procedure TfrRxRichView.GetRichData(ASource: TCustomMemo);
so i commented it out and it seems to achieve what I want (text containing [] in rxrichview). However this workaround changes your source codes and would make it harder to move to newer versions. Could you integrate one of the following:
1. make escape sequence for the [] symbols (e.g. the \[ would be changed to [ and would not try to substitute it as a macro)
2. allow for changing the macro start/end delimiters to something else (at best longer than 1 character, so one could choose an appropriate string, that is not contained within the text).
3. Publish a property which controls if macro substitution should be done on the contents of the rxrichedit component

Thanks in advance,
Dimo Velev

PS. The Forum software seems to do that correctly with the bbcode (or whatever name it has...) ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.