Why is Fast Report 2024.1.0 not working in a .Net8 mvc application?

Hallo,

I am currently upgrading my application from .net framework 4.8 to .Net 8 . I used 2024.1.0 in the old application and it was working fine with the multiple fastreport files having Charts and sql queries. I heard this version supports .net 8 and so I moved it as it is but I am getting strange errors in the new application like SqlParameter is not available in System.Data.SqlClient, missing MsChartObject and few others.

In the old application, along with the five dll's(FastReport, FastReport.Bars, FastReport.Editor, FastReport.DataVisualization, FastReport.Compat), I have installed Fastreport.Net.Pro. But now I cannot install it as it wants me to make the target framework to .net8-windows. Eventhough i make my application window specific and install it still i get those above mentioned issues. Is there any way how i can fix this or Do i need some other latest version?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.