An old version of our products has been detected

After a unintentional reboot while a RAD Studio (11.3) session was using FR Designer to edit a report, the bds.exe application now locks up when I try to edit any report that requires FR Designer. I deleted the FR folder and ran the Fast Report uninstall (or maybe I ran the uninstall first, I can't remember) and then tried to reinstall. When I tried to reinstall Fast Report for RAD Studio 11, the line was greyed out but I could still click on the version. When I tried to select the latest version, I got a popup message:

"An old version of our products has been detected. Please uninstall it first using the appropriate uninstaller."

The VCL Setup application cannot find anything to uninstall, so how can I do that?

I looked for answers in other discussions on this forum site for ways to fix this problem. I ensured that there were no frx.dcu and fs.dcu files left in other folders. My VirtualStore folder was empty. The only reference to Fast Report in the registry was to a copy of the setup application that I made elsewhere so that I could reinstall.

What can I try next? Is there a better setup application? If so, can you provide me with a link?

Comments

• I found my answer in How to upgrade an old version to a new FastReport VCL | Fast Reports (fast-report.com):

"Also, after the uninstall, you need to check for the presence of "frx*.bpl" in the folders C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. After successful uninstall, these files should be missing."

I found 3 "frx.bpl" and 2 "fs.bpl" files in those folders that I missed because the other websites that I consulted did not mention them by name. Once I removed them, the reinstallation was successful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.