Saving prepared reports to PDF

I am creating a pdf with a number of reports using prepare report with clear false;

frxReport.showprepared report works fine.

saving the report from the preview window also works fine.

But using frxReport.Export with frxPDFExport only saves the last report and not all the prepared reports

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong>?

Comments

• Any ideas anyone?

• There must be some way to save a prepared report to PDF.

• PolomintPolomint Australia

G'day Dave,

It would really help if we could see what you are doing that isn't working for you.

For example a sample project...

You are right it is possible and relatively straightforward. Our major App has several "composite reports" that are both saved to PDF from the Preview Form, and exported directly in one step.

But without an idea of what's "missing" in your code, it is hard to suggest improvements...

Cheers, Paul

• I don't want to have it saved from the preview form.

I do all the preparation first.

frxReport.showprepared shows the prepared report and the save PDF button works

But if I do frxReport.Export with frxPDFExport, it only saves one report not all the prepared reports.

How can I save the prepared report WITHOUT the preview?

Thanks for replying.

Dave

• I will try and send code when I get to my dev system

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.