Tips for saving large reports?

Hello everyone!

I have a relatively large report that populates a bunch of images from the file system.

After the report is prepared successfully and prints, I want to save a copy of the report to my file system automatically.

For smaller reports this works, but for these larger reports I just get a 0byte file. I believe that it is trying to save the report before the report is officially completed / prepared.

I'm using a using statement for generating the report.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something that would trigger when the report is complete? Or how to know when the report has finished that would be accurate?

I appreciate the help!

Comments

• In c# I write big reports int file system, wit this.

MemoryStream resultFile = new MemoryStream();

exportpdf = new PDFExport();

exportpdf.ShowProgress = false;

exportpdf.Compressed = true;

exportpdf.Background = false;

exportpdf.TextInCurves = false;

exportpdf.PrintOptimized = true;

exportpdf.ImagesOriginalResolution = false;

exportpdf.ColorSpace = PDFExport.PdfColorSpace.RGB;

exportpdf.JpegCompression = true;

exportpdf.EmbeddingFonts = true;

FastReport.Utils.Config.ReportSettings.ShowProgress = false;

fastReportObject.Prepare();

fastReportObject.Export(exportpdf, resultFile ); // export fastreport object to pdf

IN THIS POINT YOU HAVE A MEMORYSREAM (resultFile ) WITH DE FILE CONTENT and you can save it to file System.

greetings

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.