event sequence and OnAfterPrint

Can someone tell me where to find the sequence in which events are executed in Fast Reports? I thought I had saved that information, but I cannot find it and no longer remember how I obtained it.

The reason this topic is of concern to me is a problem that I just fixed.

I am in the process of converting code to Fast Reports that formerly used Quick Reports. The code I just converted began producing range errors because of accesses to an empty list that should not have been empty.

The problem was due to my cleanup code in the OnAfterPrint event. In Quick Reports, this event is not triggered until the report was finished printing. In Fast Reports, this event is triggered even before the 'First' event! I fixed the problem by moving the cleanup code to the OnEndDoc event.

This problem was particularly insidious because the OnAfterPrint event code had not changed. I spent much time scanning the code that I had changed for the cause of the problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.