Master - Detail with one Stored Proc

omarksitoomarksito Buenos Aires - Argentina
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with master details reports. Well, I have one stored proc returning all the data I need, so I can use it for master and detail, because all the process is already done, but when I try to integrate it in a single report, I can't imagine how can I do it.

What I mean is that a master detail report requires a dataset for each one but in this case all the process has been done once in a single stored proc.

How can I do to use one stored proc in a master detail report?

thanks

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:57PM
    Assuming your stored procedure returns your data in an ordered fashion
    ie sql with orderby clause,
    use group header, master, groupfooter,
    set the group condition of the group header to approp datafield.
    ;)
  • omarksitoomarksito Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Thank you very much gordk !!!

It works great. Something else, How can I do to make a header for detail?. I did a header for group using master header, but I couldn't for detail. Let's assume that detail is master of course.

Thanks
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    Add a second group header, run the main demo and look at the nested group report, it shows how to do it. While it uses variables for the fields, note that all the variables are connected to 1 datasource, which is connected to a single query.
    the main thing to understand is that the orderby clause needs to be in the order of the group headers
    ;)
  • omarksitoomarksito Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Thank you very much. You were great. ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.