FR2.5 to FR3 - Help

edited 6:50PM in FastReport 3.0
I avoid placing message on multiple forums if at all possible. I hadn't gotten any response on the VCL, so I thought it might be more appropriate here.

I am having trouble migrating a FR2.5 report to FR3. (This will fix my problem of printing to the Lanier LD45...earlier VCL forum message.) I bring my report up in FR2.5 and save it as a .fr3 file. I then place an FR3 report on my form and try to open the saved file (i have checked the "Free Bands Placement" under View Options). The report will not open, and I get the following error message "Couldn't find class TfrReportPage".

Any suggestions?

WinXP D7 FR3

Comments

• edited 6:50PM
    Use latest FR2.54 to convert reports.
    I uninstalled the FR2.5(?) version I had, download and installed FR2.54. Apparently the FR database components didn't load, because Delphi 7 complained quite a bit when I opened it.

In the end, I still get the same error message when I try to pull up the .fr3 file I saved from FR2.54.

I was having problem getting FR3 to load when the D2005 version came out and was instructed by AlexTZ to delete the registry key HKCU\Software\Fast Report.

Could this be part of the problem?
    Alex,

Sorry about not realizing you were replying last time....

I just tried saving a report I made in FR 2.54 using D2005 to FR3 and it work as it should. I then went back to D7 and could open the FR3 file I had just made. However, when I tried to save a FR2.54 file as a Fr3 file from within D7, I could not open it in FR3, getting the same error message.

Any help?
    I uninstalled and reinstalled everything (FR2.54 and FR3.09), but still have the same problem creating a FR3 report from FR2.54 within D7.
    Final reply.

I tried converting using the converter from the FR3 download area. It work farily well, but I had enough syntax changes to track down to make it about as easy to just redo the whole report from scratch in FR3. When I did that, all work as advertised.

Hope this thread help others as they try to migrate from FR2.5x to FR3.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.