Updating FR2.5 to FR3

I am having trouble migrating FR2.5 report to FR3. (This will fix my problem of printing to the Lanier LD45...earlier forum message.) I bring my report up in FR2.5 and save it as a .fr3 file. I then place an FR3 report on my form and try to open the saved file (i have checked the "Free Bands Placement" under View Options). The report will not open, and I get the following error message "Couldn't find class TfrReportPage".

Any suggestions?

WinXP D7 FR3

Comments

• edited 4:03AM
    I suppose, you have FR v2.53 (AFAIK, it's the only version that is capable to save reports in both .frf and .fr3 formats). I haven't used it, so I can't say anything on this.
    As for me, I ported my reports with the help of converter utility, that I found on FR3 download page.
    It works quite well, though I had some problems with scripts.
    I suggest you try it.
  • edited 4:03AM
    Thanks for the advice. I tried the converter but had limited success. Eventuall just rebuilt the reports from scratch.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.