Report not printing error

Hi all :)

We are evaluating the VCL version and trying to print a label on a Dymo 550turbo printer.

While all applications, even a text editor can print on the printer, this report solution can't. I receive an error message "printer not currently printing". A job is placed into the spool - but not printed.

How can I fix this?

I already played around with page orientation and other settings in the print dialogue - without sucess.

any other windwos application can print on that printer without setting any parameter. even the windows "test page" mechanic can ..

Any idea?

Thanks,

Alex

Comments

• Added:

When I try to print the same label with the tool (from the website) "Report Viewer for VCL" (prepared with my Delphi App) the printing works fine.

So it seems to be a problem with the Delphi printing system .. (even the preview app within Delphi does not print)

• And:

It's not a Delphi problem. When I use the delphi standard printing system, everything works as good as other Windows Apps.

Printer.Canvas.TextOut(40, 100, 'Test"); 

So the bug must be inside this report library ..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.