Virus found in FR2-FR3 Converter!

edited 7:33AM in FastReport 3.0
I've just downloaded FR2.x - FR3 converter by Marcos A Silveira from fast-report.com site and my antivirus (Avast! 4.5) says that is affected by Win32:Banbra-K [Trj]...
Take care about it!
Is there a fast way to have a "virus free" copy of that utility?
Thanks!
Paolo

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:33AM
    AFAIK i have not seen this utility on this site.
    the converter is part of 2.53 or 2.54 just open .frf in fr2.5# designer and save as .fr3 file. NOTE That the converter does not export vertical "cross data bands"
    and many bits of generated code may need to be modified, or relocated to different events.
    Before opening a converted .fr3 file make sure your fr3 design environment
    has freeband placement option checked.
    ;)
  • kevin475kevin475 Riverside, CA USA
    Paolo:

I downloaded the converter and scanned it with F-Prot and McAfee antivirus. Neither found a problem. I don't think the converter has a virus.

I have not used the converter yet. I don't know if it works.

GordK:

If you follow the Download link from the main fast-report.com page, the converter is near the bottom of the Downloads page.

- Kevin
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    Thanks Kevin notice the dates on the messages and the download.
    dl seems to be on 12/11 message before that date.
    interesting.
    ;)
  • kevin475kevin475 Riverside, CA USA
    Gord, Thanks for pointing out the new date. I originally downloaded the converter a few weeks ago. That was the version I scanned for viruses. I just downloaded the newer version (11 Jan) and scanned again with the same result - no viruses.

While I was wandering around the FR 3 Downloads page, I noticed that the Help files are now available. Hooray!

- Kevin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.