Data Selector for different databands

Hi,

So, I sit with the scenario where I have one form with a Data Selector and I choose a DataColum, let's (for ease of explaining) say it is the table 'Lecturer' and column 'Name', thus DataColumn would be Lecturer.Name

On page 1 of my report I have a databand which works on Lecturer, so here the data get's filtered correctly.

Also on page 1 I have another databand which works from Student, and the Student table has a LecturerId. How do I filter the data on the student table to only use the lecturers which were chosen in the Data Selector ?

Note the two bands are NOT child bands in any way, and they (or any one of the two) can't be made child band(s)

I also do not want to create another Data Selector and for the user to select twice, however, I am willing (if possible) to do this in the report's code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.