How to get values carry-forward from previous page?

Hi, I'm trying to make an invoice in Fast-Report, and the invoice will have a sum of values in the page. Now, if the invoice spans across multiple pages (too many rows for one page) I'm facing a problem - I cannot bring the sum from previous page as a "Carry Forward value" and thus cannot get the grand total of the values.

Here is an example of the values:

Page 1:

ITEM|QTY|PRICE|TOTAL

ABCD | 10|10.50|105.00

DEFG | 21|22.45| 471.45

SUM: QTY: 31 |TOTAL: 576.45

Page 2:

HIJK | 15| 45.00| 675.00

SUM: QTY: 15 |TOTAL: 675.00

-----

So far, I can achieve this using Page Footer.

However, what I want to have is, for the second page to have something like this:

Page 2:

Balance Forward: QTY: 31 | TOTAL: 576.45

HIJK | 15| 45.00| 675.00

SUM: QTY: 46 | 1251.45

---

I have tried with Page Header/Footer, Group Header/Footer, Column Header/Footer, none of them can give me the desired result - namely, I don't know how I can carry the SUM from page 1 to page 2 - there is nothing in Fast Reports that I know of, could do a carry forward. Can someone tell me how to do a carry forward in Fast report or confirm that this is impossible in Fast Report, so that I'll just try to convince my client the tool I used is unable to do what he demands.

Thanks in advance.

Darren.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited November 2021

Store required values in the report variables and use they on the second page

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.