Optimize report preview.

Hi,

We have a report that displays a number of drawings in SVG format.

The problem is, it seems as though the report is being generated twice in order to show the total number of pages in the report footer. A report of 21 pages is taking around 10 seconds to preview. I am trying to optimize it so that the preview doesn't take that long.

What can I do do to speed up the preview process?

Is it possible to know the number of pages before the report is previewed?

Comments

• Did you check the double pass parameter? You could turn that off or perhaps only render the SVG on pass two - perhaps you could make it not visible if its a fixed size on pass 1?

Maybe fast report could render images with autosize = false only on the final run

• Thanks @hsvandrew for the suggestions.

It was the DoublePass parameter in the end... it was being set to true in the inherited report.

Just out of curiosity, how can I render the SVG on pass two - is this done in Delphi code or using FastScript?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.