Vcl 2021.0.7 - Options for Export to PDF

PolomintPolomint Australia
edited May 2021 in FastReport VCL

OK, back here after focussing on stuff other than Reports!

Just upgraded from Vcl 6 to Vcl 2021 and experimenting with new stuff in Export to PDF.

We set "PDF Standard" to "3A" in preparation for getting serious about "security".

But before doing anything more I noticed that we now have an additional "toolbar" showing in the Acrobat window. Is there any option available to "hide" this? Obviously the User can do it within Acrobat, but we'd like to open the exported PDF with less "junk" on the screen.

The "Viewer" Tab in "Export to PDF" Dialog Box offers six options (which are matched with Properties in the TfrxExportPDF Component).

With the above options selected the Acrobat window looks like the following.

The "Hide Navigation Pane Buttons" does work, but it it isn't easy to find.

Ideally I'd like a "belt and braces" solution, i.e. (1) a code option so we can set a default state (based on our User's expectations) (2) an end-User option in the "Export to PDF" Dialog Box so the default state can be overridden.

Suggestions anyone?

Cheers, Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.