Need Help Doing Master-Detail Report using a DataSet with Two Tables.

I am still new to fastreport (but thrilled).

I am using the designer control from within my winforms .NET application to try to design a master-detail report.

I have registed a data set that has two table in it. there is a parent->child relationship defined in the dataset for these two tables.

I can print the "parent" data from the initially created data band without problem. But I am having trouble printing the child data.

I am not sure what to do "next".

I tried adding a "detail" band "under" the initial (parent) data band, and I set the data source for that band to the child table. When I did that, I got all of the child data (for every parent) under the first parent, then got all of hte child data again under the 2nd parent. i.e. it seemed like the parent-child constraint was not being used.

In another attempt, I tried adding a "child" data band under the parent data band. When I did this, I could not find a way to set the child band's data source. That was a bad sign. When I printed this time I get the very first child data record, and only this record, under every single parent record.

Please help. Thanks.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.