PDF Export on Lazarus/Linux makes App unusable

Hi!

I frequently use the PDF-Exporter TfrxPDFExport in my reporting function.

When compiling on Lazarus for Linux the call of Report.Export(frxPDFExport) creates a perfect PDF, but after that the Program does not react to any user input anymore - no reaction to mouse-clicks or keypress.

But the program is still running - looks like the whole application is just disabled.

Using another Exporter (eg. the HTML5 exporter) with the same function or exporting from the report preview via user interaction works as expected, as well as compiling with Lazarus with a windows-target or using Delphi (7) on windows.

Unfortunately my reporting framework is rather complex and cross-platform so I'm not able to post parts of the source while keeping it understandable.

So - has anyone else experienced the same problems? Any idea where to start looking?

Happened with FR 6.5 and the current 6.6.12, always using Lazarus 2.1 trunk with FPC 3.0.4 on different linux distributions.

regards

Lukas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.