programatically setting AutoFilter

Hello NOOB here,

I'm using a Form with two textbox autofilters, one that has a "Contains" filter, and the other that has a "NotContains" filter, I need them to work in an either/or fashion. (If I'm not using one - use the other...)

(The reason I'm doing this is because I can't figure out how to switch one TextBox contains filter to a contains or not contains filter, so I'm trying to use two and then turn one or the other one on or off)

Q1) Can I use the detail control feature to turn a textbox AutoFilter on/off (what I have in the picture doesn't seem to work)?

Q2)How can I program the FilterData property of the AutoFilter to Contains or NotContains?

What all has to be set/programmed to programatically use the AutoFilter. (The manual doesn't give an example or detail what is needed).

This is what I've tried and it does not work (when a radio button is clicked, fill the TextBox1 with this "mai" text and then set the autofilter to true and use these details to programmatically set the autofilte:

private void RadioButton2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

TextBox1.Text = "mai"; //this is the text I'm trying to filter (contains or notcontains)

TextBox1.AutoFilter = true;  

TextBox1.DataColumn = ((String)Report.GetColumnValue("RSRList.SRI"));

TextBox1.FilterOperation = "NotContains" ; // I know this doesn't work, this is more of a filler

//what else should be set?

}

private void RadioButton3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{ 

//below is the original way I was trying to toggle between the TextBox filters (I had RadioButton2 setup in reverse)

TextBox2.Text = "mai"; //this is the text I'm trying to filter (contains or notcontains)

//TextBox2.AutoFilter = true;  

//TextBox2.FilterData();

TextBox1.Text = "";

//TextBox1.AutoFilter = false;

}

private void btnOk_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if(RadioButton1.Checked = true){

TextBox1.AutoFilter = false;

TextBox2.AutoFilter = false;

}

if(RadioButton2.Checked = true){

TextBox2.AutoFilter = false;

}

if(RadioButton3.Checked = true){

TextBox1.AutoFilter = false;

}

}

Comments

•  >>TextBox1.DataColumn = ((String)Report.GetColumnValue("RSRList.SRI"));

TextBox1.DataColumn = "Exercise.Region"; =>tablename.fieldname

>>TextBox1.FilterOperation = "NotContains" ; // I know this doesn't work, this is more of a filler

//what else should be set?

TextBox1.FilterOperation = FastReport.Data.FilterOperation.NotContains;

• Thank you for the help!

One more question.

I've been using a message box after the form OK button click to see/confirm how my different textbox filters are set.

Is there a way see how the whole AutoFilter is set for the report before the report is created?

(I'm using FastReport inside of a 3rd party software where they've plumbed in FR as their reporting tool - but I don't have any debugging features other than an error message box and message boxes that I can get to pop up with dialogue.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.